Leave it to Bane
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Characterization

4 posters

Go down

Characterization Empty Characterization

Post  Valen Wed Aug 08, 2012 8:12 pm

Characterization RRQAFQ

I think we have loads of ideas out there in both the original thread and the 2nd one (both of which are archived) so as Plain Bain mentioned in the 2nd thread we probably need to think about characterization. This is the overall description of the characters. What we need to do is develop their personalities. Ideas/pitches?

Valen

Back to top Go down

Characterization Empty Re: Characterization

Post  Plain Bane Wed Aug 08, 2012 9:19 pm

I'd just like to point out that some of that information is out-of-date, or now incorrect.

Poison Ivy doesn't live on Hardy Street (that's what we called the show's setting, right?) with the neighborhood group. If I remember right, she's Olivia and Osito's teacher. I think that her inserting ecological and feminist propaganda into every lesson, as shoehorned as possible, can lead to some hilarious jokes.

Freeze doesn't live with the Banes. I have no idea where the ice-cream truck story came from. The general canon as I know it is that he starts out as the old neighborhood recluse, but opens up after the Bane family gets to know them.

The way I wrote Season 1, the Calendar Man feud doesn't start on Halloween. It starts when Bane and Talia's plans to celebrate the anniversary of their first date accidentally ruin Calendar Man's birthday plans. The Halloween plot is is second appearance. However, that is my own writing, and is subject to change.

Plain Bane

Back to top Go down

Characterization Empty Kids Casting & etc

Post  Batcow Thu Aug 09, 2012 1:58 am

Who would we cast as Olivia and Osito?

Bane calls Talia "My Love" in the comics, and she refers to Batman as "Beloved". Should they be a couple that uses cutesy pet names?

Also, if Ivy is going to be their teacher instead of neighbour, we'll have to introduce Harley Quinn differently. I think she should be the school counselor who gives out terrible advice.

Batcow

Back to top Go down

Post  Plain Bane Thu Aug 09, 2012 7:59 pm

I'm not familiar enough with child actors to "cast" Olivia and Osito. As far as I know, though, they're about 10-12 years old. Fifth grade, I think.

Bane and Talia should totally have cutesy pet names. "My love" works for Talia talking to Bane.
Idea for a recurring gag: Bane is really bad at pet names and is usually trying to try new ones that stick.
"Good morning, my love."
"Good morning, my vaguely middle-eastern ray of sunshine."
(pause)
"...was that one not good? I thought it was good."

Also, I think that in this series, Freeze should be a widower instead of having Nora frozen somewhere. I think it'll just work out better for the character's writing. For the episode "Victor's Valentine" in the pastebin I had an idea where Freeze (after one too many awkward dates with women from the Batuniverse, set up by Bane, of course) confronts Bane and says something like, "Bane, I appreciate your friendship. And I am thankful that you would go through all of this trouble, with these women, for my sake. But understand this: Nora was the only woman I could ever love. And I still love her. When there is love as strong as the one me and her had, the memory shall do me fine enough. So please, Bane - just let me love my wife."

And if this were an actual TV show, the studio audience would do the heartfelt "Awwwwww...!" sound.

As for Harley as the terrible school counselor, I think that that would be uproarious.

"Mrs. Quinzel, I...I've never told anyone this before, bu-"
"Out with it, kid! I've got lunch in five."
"My parents...they're really mean to me at home sometimes, and I don't know what to d-"
"Cut the waterworks, you baby! I've seen rougher. Just know that no matter how much they're mean to you, they still love you deep down." (fawns over framed desk picture of the Joker)
(pause)
(Quinn looks at the student)
"What, you want an encore? Scram!" (pulls picture close to her) "This is me and Mister J's time."

Plain Bane

Back to top Go down

Post  Batcow Fri Aug 10, 2012 1:44 am

I'll take a look through IMDB.

"Kittentits?"
*Sigh* "Yes, my love?"
"Do you like that one?"
"It was perfect, Bane."

I kind of like the Nora in the freezer jokes, albeit it is quite dark for a family sit-com.

God yes.

Batcow

Back to top Go down

Post  009 Mon Aug 13, 2012 4:15 pm

I love the idea of Harley Quinn being the counselor.

Kid: Ms. Quinzel
Harley: What brat I aint got all day
Kid: Billy beat me up during lunch
Harley: Ah he did did he
*hands him a mallet*
Harley: Take this and go show that little punk who's boss

Back to top Go down

Post  tswright Sun Aug 19, 2012 9:32 pm

I don't know if it alerts you guys if someone posts but I just posted episode 1 in Season 1.

tswright

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum